Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday Night Before Bedtime Talk

It's just a few days before the 4th of July.  Where has the summer gone?  We had a late spring with some minor flooding.  The farmer's have had a hard time getting their crops in because of the late snow and all of th water that was standing around.

Last week, there was a tornado just 5 miles from Velva. Here is the picture that Orie found online of the tornado. It was crazy because Orie called me at work and said that the tornado siren was going off and he was in the basement. He had stayed home because he wasn't feeling well.  I'm glad he was because Sadie May and Buddie were pretty scared Orie said.

Photo: So this was 8 miles from my house about 5 days ago.

So, I have to work on Friday, July 5th so I really don't have a "holiday" but I'm off on Thursday the 4th.  Beggers can't be choosers right?! I am grateful for my job. I love it!  It's a challenge for sure.  Never a dull moment.

Orie and I have been busy with co-leading our church's youth group,  We have activities every other Friday night and then of the off week we have an afterglow after church. We love it.  I am also part of the audio/visual at church for worship on Saturday nights.  It's soo awesome! Orie is part of the team with me so we make such an awesome team.

Katie is working at Pizza Ranch in Minot.  She's busser there-from what she's said, she enjoys it,  Katie is also feeling the growing pains for becoming an adult, a college student and soon to live away from home.  I think she's got mixed emotions as it's the closing of one chapter and the opening of the rest of the empty pages,  It is our prayer that we have prepared her enough to be a successful, well rounded adult who has a good Christian head on her shoulders - only time will tell.

Well, it's getting late and I need to head off to bed - 4:45am comes early!

All My Love,

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment